The neighboring communities are Beverly Crest, Hollywood Hills, Hollywood Hills West, North Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, Toluca Lake, Universal City and Valley Village.
- 34,034 population in 2000, according to the U.S. Census
- 37,201 population in 2008, based on L.A. Department of City Planning estimates.
- 6.31 square miles
- 5,395 people per square mile, among the lowest densities for the city of Los Angeles but about average for the county
- The percentage of white people is high for the county.
- Not especially diverse for the city of Los Angeles and not especially diverse for the county
Household income in thousands of 2000 dollars
- $75,657 median household income (2008 dollars), high for the city of Los Angeles but about average for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Northridge, Lake View Terrace and Val Verde have the most similar household incomes.
- The percentages of households that earn $40,000 to $60,000 and $125,000 and up are high for the county.
- 49.4% of residents 25 and older have a four-year degree, high forthe city of Los Angeles and high for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Beverlywood, Santa Monica and Hollywood Hills have the nearest percentage of residents 25 and older with a four-year degree.
- The percentages of residents 25 and older with a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree or higher and some college education are high for the county.
- The median age is 38, old for the city of Los Angeles and old for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Agua Dulce, Arcadia and Chatsworth have similar median ages.
- The percentages of residents ages 35 to 49, 19 to 34, 50 to 64 and 65 and older are among the county’s highest
- Average household size of 1.9people, low for the city of Los Angeles and low for the county
- Gardena, Hancock Park and Sherman Oaks have the most similar percentage of homeowners in Los Angeles County.